Your child comes first.
Your child’s development and preparation for school is our primary focus, and has been since 1939. Unlike other early learning centres and daycare providers in Ashgrove, we only welcome pre-prep children aged 3.5 to 5 years of age. This ensures that your child gets the learning, nurturing and support they need to feel confident and ready for their life at school.
As a smaller kindergarten, you and your child will feel welcome, secure and stable. Your child will have the continuity of one teacher and one class, and you’ll have the opportunity to socialise with the wider kindergarten community.
Ashgrove West Kindy is a not-for-profit community kindergarten with an independent incorporated association. Our management committee is made up of volunteer families elected by the parent body annually.
Ashgrove West Kindy:
- conducts a Government Approved Kindergarten program for approximately 88 pre-prep aged children
- has been providing quality kindergarten programs for over 80 years
- is run by experienced and dedicated educators, who provide a stable and nurturing environment at the Centre
- is managed by an annually elected parent management committee
- offers Before Hours Care from 7.15am, and After Hours Care from 2.30pm to 5.30pm each day
- is conveniently located opposite Ashgrove State School
- is set in large, beautiful, natural grounds and has large spacious classrooms.
All profits are reinvested into the kindergarten and our children. As an affiliate service with C&K, our kindergarten receives support in managing funding, training for management committees and educators, policies and use of the C&K brand and curriculum.
C&K is a community based early childhood association with almost 400 early childhood education and care services across Queensland. With more than 100 years of practical experience, early childhood education development and proven positive outcomes for children, C&K leads the early childhood sector in Queensland. For more information about C&K, click here.